Jewish grave site at Clarion. The Jewish Agricultural and Colonial Association of Philidelphia purchsed six thousand acres from the Utah State Land Board in 1911 that included Clarion. Crop failures caused most settlers to leave by 1917.
Musical group, “Iosepa Troubadors.”
Graves at Iosepa Cemetery. Iosepa was a Hawaiian community settled in 1889 and abandoned by 1917.
View of Church Street looking south from R. R. Bridge. Wide, well-kept streets characterized this early Utah mining town. Second house on right, W. F. Shriver. Sixth buiding on right, St. Joseph’s parochial school. Large building on the hill (on right side) is the Gemini Mine. First home on left, Mrs. Meyers. Structures on the hill on left side are the Eureka Hill Mill and the Company House. Eureka was settled when gold was discovered in 1869. More than six communities were settled to provide housing to miners.
Homes in the mining town of Park City, Utah, railroad tracks and yard in foreground.
Park City, Utah
Residential streets of the Mercur, Utah mining town.
The flag marks the point where the Union Pacific and Central Pacific lines were joined on May 10, 1869. This photograph was taken two months later
A group shot of railroad workers at Promontory Point at the joining of the rails.