Video of USS Salt Lake City
Salt Lake Herald cartoon, 1903, during Coal Miners’ Strike in Carbon County. Used in U.H.Q., Vol 43-2 (Spring 1975)
View of Church Street looking south from R. R. Bridge. Wide, well-kept streets characterized this early Utah mining town. Second house on right, W. F. Shriver. Sixth buiding on right, St. Joseph’s parochial school. Large building on the hill (on right side) is the Gemini Mine. First home on left, Mrs. Meyers. Structures on the hill on left side are the Eureka Hill Mill and the Company House. Eureka was settled when gold was discovered in 1869. More than six communities were settled to provide housing to miners.
Brigham Young Academy about the time of its dedication under the administration of Wilford Woodruff. The building was dedicated in 1892.
The Red Stocking Baseball team, Utah Territorial Champions August 1877. Heber J. Grant middle of second row
This is a retyped copy of part of the journal or log book of Company Five. The author is unknown, but Thomas Bennett as he and his wife, Ann Lacey Bennett and their children moved west from Florence, Nebraska Territory to Salt Lake City between July and September, 1861. They traveled in Company 5, commanded by Milo Andrus.
Peter Skene Ogden’s Fur Trappers route. Peter Skene Ogden’s map of the Great Salt Lake and the Snake River country. It also shows Ogden’s route of 1828-29, the year he discovered the Humboldt River of Nevada. The Great Salt Lake and Bear River can be seen at the lower right-hand corner if you put the side marked “north” at the top. Carl Wheat, Mapping the Trans-Mississippi West
This is a 1976 Bicentennial Commission Monument. On 13 September 1776 Fray Francisco Atanasio Dominguez and Fray Silvestre de Escalante crossed the Green River at about the location of this marker in Jensen, Utah